Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mislabeled passionflowers

Posted by chills Zone 6b Mi (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 22:58

I was at a nearby nursery tonight as they were unloading new arrivals and they had a dozen or so passionflowers labeled "incarnata", but they were not incarnata (at least to my opinion).

The nectaries were not at the base of the leaves, in fact the nectaries were on little 1mm stalks off of the stem about halfway between the main stem and the leaf.

No flowers were noticed, nor were buds observed. The leaves were primarily 5 lobed, though some of the plants also had 3 lobed leaves as well as 5 lobed.

Any ideas?

~Chills

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mislabeled passionflowers

• Posted by icebear Zone5, New England, (My Page) on
    Fri, May 9, 08 at 14:32

its been a while since i had any passionflowers, but if i remember right, incarnata have a very wide range of leaf shapes, they can have a number of different shaped leaves on the same vine.

but like i said, its been a long time, i'm surprised my account still exists- its been 5 years since i have been here.

o
RE: mislabeled passionflowers

Yes probably either a P.Incense or Inspiration.

Incense

Inspiration

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here