Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jblaschke

Brown spots! Help!

jblaschke
17 years ago

Okay, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I've had too many passis on the brink of death and want to nip this in the bud if its within my power.

My brand new Lady Margaret, after a week in my care, is starting to show brown spots on her leaves, and some along the leaf edges:

We've had heavy thunderstorms this past week, but after over watering several passis to ill effect, I made efforts to keep this one sheltered. Checking by touch, the soil in the pot several inches down is moderately moist, but not damp. She is on a porch where she gets sun until about noon, then shade. Temperatures have ranged from the mid 80s to the lower 90s during the day. There are no insects on her that I can detect--my incense is literally crawling with gulf fritilary caterpillars, and I found six newly hatched caterpillars munching on my struggling Amethyst the other day (which is why I've been keeping a *very* close eye on Lady Margaret. Thus far I haven't even found an egg).

She has several mid-sized flower buds, but dropped one since transplanting, which I attribute to stress. A few leaves have dropped, but it's been quite windy of late. The leaves are a brighter, lighter shade of green than, say, incarnata or incense or caerulea, but I don't know if this is normal for this hybrid or is a symptom of something else... lack of sun? I dunno.

It is planted in a mix of run-of-the-mill potting soil mixed with moderate amounts of sand, pearlite and spagnum moss. It is planted in a 12" pot.

To the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, she should be thriving. But I've had others go into slow decline, and if this is what Lady Margaret is doing now, I want hep from the experts while she's still healthy and (mostly) green! :-)

Comment (1)

Sponsored