Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passion Fruit!

Posted by silybum Sunset 16/z8b (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 05 at 23:52

I'm so excited. The Passion Flowers I planted on May 13th are so happy! The Edulus Black Knight has been blooming since I planted it, and today the Edulus Fredrick had its first bloom.

I was going to try out a little of that hand pollinatin thing, but when I went to look at the Black Knight, I noticed it was already setting fruit! I didn't know this would be so easy. So I left well enough alone, and hopefully the Fredrick will set some fruit as well.

I wonder if all the nasturtiums that are blooming so profusely nearly by helped attrack bees to do the work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passion Fruit!

I was very glad too to see little fruit on mine. Last year I had literaly about 100 fruit on my vine but this year snails ate lots of the flowers and some fell of in the rain. I think I had fruit in June last year and there weren't anymore in October. Hopefuly I will still have a good crop. Oh and about the pollination you willbe surprised i was looking and I saw ants pollinating my vine. Hope ya get good fruit :)

o

Thanks.

When is it ready to harvest? Any signs I should look for? I never actually had a passion fruit before.

o

• Posted by plummy 9b nor-cal (My Page) on
    Sat, May 28, 05 at 21:56

They are ready to harvest when purple some times I let them get a bit rinkly. I don't know why but you're suposed to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here