Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this ?

Posted by angie83 texas z9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 0:42

Passion flower I planted some time ago no clue what it is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this ?

It looks like Passiflora 'Aragorn' (P. kermesina x P. aff. oerstedii).

Here is a link that might be useful: Arghya Gardens

o

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 7, 07 at 14:24

OOO! I hope that is what it is...LOL I ordered one this week from GKE but they didn't have a photo posted.. It won't be here for a couple of weeks tho.. The pic I saw was at the link above...VERY VERY Pretty!!! Angie just how many Passi's do you have...LOL
Chena

o

I have alot of the butterfly food ones but I do love the hard to get ones with neat flowers I have loss a few do to the heat but passiflora are very easy to grow were I live so I get all I can find love to be suprised when they finally bloom.

o

Absolutely P. "Aragorn".

o

Hi all, I was just browsing and came across this post. Actually, I think that this flower is NOT Passiflora 'Aragorn'. Rather, it appears to be one of the several varieties of Passiflora "Pura Vida". See the following links for examples:
http://www.tropicamente.it/home/catalogo/cata/o-p-q/Passiflora Pura vida 1.JPG
http://www.passiflora.info/puravida4.htm

Though I could be wrong, what makes me think that this is Pura Vida and not Aragorn is the light-colored center - I believe Aragorn has a much darker center. In any case, you may have already figured this out, but for someone just surfing the web, this disambiguation may be useful.

Happy gardening!

o

"Disambiguation"---now THERE'S a word you don't see very often. (*grin*)

o

Always tricky to ID from just one picture, but I think Mikulas is right that it is one of the Pura Vida variations, often called P. 'Pura Vida' purple. The leaves also look correct.
Myles

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora ID tips

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here