14 years ago

*WOOOT*

Can't Wait to see the Flowers now

NC

Comments (16)

• eristal
    14 years ago

Congrats!

Mine has recently put on a growth spurt, but no buds yet... I can't wait either.

Happy Gardening!
    Eric

• karyn1
    14 years ago

The foetida buds develop pretty fast and the fruit has a nice taste. It's too bad they are so little. I'm guessing that it's a self pollinating variety because almost all my flowers developed a fruit and there was nothing nearby to pollinate it. Eric the tiny passie I sent Crystal is a Palmeri var Sublancelata that was pollinated by a foetida. I'm really interested in seeing what the flower will look like. I'm hoping it looks like the sublancelata.

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some of my Buds have dried up and Died and I don't know why!!! More are coming but I'm still upset about the ones I've lost...
    Anyone have any Ideas as to why my Buds are Dieing?
    Thanks
    NC

• karyn1
    14 years ago

No idea really, maybe the humidity is too low?

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

***WOOT***

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That Bud Turned into this....

***WOOT***

• eristal
    14 years ago

Very nice! Your P. foetida looks VERY happy. Do you fertilize her?

Are you planning on trying to hybridize it with anything? I've never tried tasting the fruit, but I'm not sure about eating anything with fetid as the base for it's name.

Eric

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Is LOVELY to eat!!!! Small but GREAT!
    Yes, used a Nana Skin Placed on the top of pot Lightly Covered with compost.... That's all

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Congrats! You finally got the flower. I also think the fruit has a nice taste but it's just so small. The only passie I've been able to cross with foetida is palmeri var sublancelata and I'm still waiting on a bloom. I'm not sure what other varieties are compatible with foetida. Crossing passies is difficult for me. I rarely know which ones can be used to pollinate each other and usually try anything that happens to be blooming at the time.

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I Have Fruit SET ***WOOT***
    Photos to Follow

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well that Flower of Mine has now Turned into This....

VERY Happy!!!!

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The Fruit have VERY Distinct Stripes on them....
    Photos to Follow

• karyn1
    14 years ago

The unripe fruit is almost white with green stripes but will turn a bright orange/red color when ripe and the stripes will vanish. It ripens fairly fast, at least compared to my other passies that have produced fruit.

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THANKS Karyn....
    I've always wanted to grow the Red Fruited Foetida, My other one was Yellow Fruited

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've just had my 1st Fruit... Turned out Yellow but that don't matter... Tiny But YUMMY!!!!

• karyn1
    14 years ago

I think there are yellow fruited varieties. I wonder if it would have colored more with more sun? I agree, I think they have a nice taste. It's too bad they are so small. The seeds are easy to sprout.