Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adiro

Aborted Blooms on P. Caerulea

adiro
15 years ago

Hello,

I got last week a passion flower P. Caerulea "clear sky" from Home Depot. it was pretty looking with lots of blossoms, some opened.

The plant was very crowded in a tiny pot and had several wines falling off the three stick support that came with.

I purchased a large ceramic pot, and I replanted it together with its support. I couldn't afford a big trelis so I bought a tomato cage for it to grow over. I moved it outdoors.

soon after we had a series of huge thunderstorms with lots of rain, so I decided to bring it back in the house, by a large window.

It keeps growing, but the new growth is not shiny and pretty anymore, and leaves look unhappy. it makes little blossoms along the new wines, but soon after starting they turn yellow and die.

also the big blossoms do not open, but yellow and die as well. I opened one to see if flower was formed inside, and the little ones are " mumified" while the big ones have huge blue-black molds growing inside ( like cheese molds)

What can I do to make my plant better? I haven't watered since, and the soil feels damp to finger, but not wet. It did receive way too much water ( that was coming out in the saucer) in the first night out.....

Please help

Thank you

BTW, I need her to be a summer outdoor/winter indoor plant, as I leave in a cold area ( Toronto)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations