Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question from Newbie

Posted by sodbuster (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 9:07

I have one of these vines growing on a cedar fence I built around my airconditioner to cut down on the noise when sitting on the patio. It is growing so well and blooms each day. My question; The vines are growing very fast, but I want the whole plant to thicken and cover the whole fence. Do I trim them to make them thicken or do I just have to redirect the vines? How this thing got started, I do not know, but what a blessing it is. I don't know how to post pics to this forum, but maybe someone will let me send them a pic and tell me exactly what I have.

David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question from Newbie

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 11:28

Hey David!!!
If you want to send me your pick I will see if I can get it posted for you.... If you cut it back you won't have as many blooms.. But it will encourage it to branch out and you can start your cuttings for more plants..They are easy to start and normally don't take that long..
Chena

o
RE: Question from Newbie

Thank you Chena. This is the first time I have been back on the forum since I posted. I sent the pic to you. If you know what it is, great, but no need to post the pic on the forum. The local nursery has another variety, different from mine, I am going to purchase and plant it among these. Since my first post, these vines must have grown four feet and have more blossoms than ever before.

David

o
RE: Questions from Newbie

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 16, 07 at 13:22

Here ya go David!!

Here is a link that might be useful: David's Passi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here