Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pollinating a Lady Margaret

Posted by perezjuanf 10a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 30, 13 at 12:22

My Lady Margaret has open it bloom for the first time this AM and I am planning to pollinate it this afternoon

Want to know if this will be correct

1.- Cut the antlers and put them in a baby jar
2.- Rub a Qtip on the pollen
3.- Rub the pollen on the stigmas

How will I know if what I did is correct?

Will this produce any fruit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pollinating a Lady Margaret

Mine produces fruit without any help from me, but all the dried fruits have immature seeds in them. Do a google.com search on how to pollinate Passiflora 'Lady Margaret'.

o
RE: Pollinating a Lady Margaret

FIrst try selfing it. Just pull off an anther and use it to apply the pollen.Pollinate most Passifloras as soon as they open. Using pollen from whatever parents were used to create the hybrid might be more successful. Finally, The fruit may not be good enough to eat and probably will not make identical plants of 'Lady Margaret'; certainly you cannot call them 'Lady Margaret'.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here