Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could Use A Lot Of Help!!!

Posted by bettafish 6a -Ontario, Ca (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 12:32

I am fairly new to gardening, and I have just picked up a BEAUTIFUL PASSIFLORA "Lady Margaret"!

I have had the hardest time finding any information for Passiflora Lady Margaret. It seems to be struggling, only two blooms, and a few have died and fell off.. Where there is new growth the vine seems to be a pale sort of yellow (is this new growth?). None of the yellowing is browning and falling off, it is remaining yellow?

I am unsure of how to prune it as well? I havnt been lucky enough to find any information on the web, and the tag with it doesn't tell me how to prune it if need be. Should I pinch the dead blooms to encourage new growth? or let them wither and fall?

Also, is Lady Margaret a "pet name" for the plant? or is that its actual name?

I would appreciate any and all help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could Use A Lot Of Help!!!

Try this, and when you search try using "Lady Margaret" Passiflora just like it is written, I found lots on it. Good luck, it sound beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lady Margaret

o

Don't trim or prune it- just get something like a small tomato cage (it's what I do) and as the vine(s) grow, simply wrap it around the cage. Then it stays compact & doesn't crawl everywhere.

You don't need to worry about pinching the flowers off either- if not polinated they'll fall off by themselves, and pinching them won't cause the plant to grow any more anyway.

I feed all of mine miracle grow every time I water- in one of those "end of the hose" things? Ya that. Your leaves *should* green up, but some of them are just more yellow than others. My margaret is growing right next to a caerulea constance elliot, (who absolutely REFUSES to bloom.. Sigh) and margaret's leaves look all pale & sickly in comparison, but they're getting exactly the same food & water. So I wouldn't worry too terrible much, but do give her some fertilizer just in case.

o

Alright I will feed her a bit of miracle grow probably 15-30-10?

Thanks for all the help, best of luck with your caerulea constance elliot!! I hope she blooms for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here