Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Babies!

Posted by Krstofer Zone 8 (ish) (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 05 at 13:58

Some frederic, ligularis & herbertiana seedlings I'm about to transplant:

Interesting how some varieties pop right up.. And others can take 12+ months. I imagine quite a few factors are involved.. And I wish that mess was easier to figure out..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Babies!

Congratulations! They're beautiful. Makes me want to go and check on mine.

o

Wow! I planted some P. caerulea seeds and only ONE came up

o

I am growing a few from seed, all started at my work (this is important because no Passion flower seeds were ever sowed at home). I had a weed start growing in a planter I have outside. It was just one and it wasn't hurting anything, so I forgot about it. It now has 8 leaves and is about 5 inches tall and the leaves very strongly resemble passion flower leaves. (I am growing 5, maybe 6 kinds right now, so I know what they look like). I have had no fruit form ever at this house. Passion flowers are not common, at all (as in never seen any besides mine and some at a nursery about 15 miles away).

The leaves are definately tri-lobed. Not delicate (like one of my unknowns) or grape-leaved like my vitifolia. The leaves resemble incense, but the middle section is larger, not the same as the side parts of the leaves. The sap nodes are present at the base of the leaves. It is growing like a vine.

I've got my hopes up, but the more it grows the more I'm sure its a passion flower (now maybe it will bloom and I'll get an id on the mystery plant).

My best percentage for germination is incarnata. I soaked the seeds in water, changing it for 3 days and I got 100% germination.

~Chills

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here