Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Passion Flower is this?

Posted by bbms88 FL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 15:38

Hello! I bought seeds, and got them mixed up. I posted this question in the "What is this plant" forum, but so far, no luck. I tried to attach a pic here, but was unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Name this plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Passion Flower is this?

I agree with Karyn and Shawn's comments on the other forum--it looks like young, unlobed P. edulis leaves if I had to guess. However you do have more information. Are the stipules and petiole glands consistent with P. edulis? See the link below. If they are, then since there's a lot of P. edulis seeds in the world that would be the most likely possibility.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ulmer, et al. description of P. edulis

o

More pics! It is hard to tell from just the one little picture. I am leaning toward P. edulis also, but if the leaves stay single lobed, and they are thick and firm, I would start to lean toward a Laurifolia supersection, like P. alata, P. quadrangularis, et al.

Hopefully, you can send us some more pictures...

Eric

o

I have had no luck reducing the photo, so below is the url on my Facebook page. I'm learning about nectaries, and I think this plant has two per leaf (pic shows them). Does that help? Thanks! Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora

o
RE: Oops! Wrong pic

Here's the pic showing the nectaries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Try 2

o
RE: Try looking at album

Everytime I try the link, I'm directed to the first pic. The album has both. Sorry.

o

I'm still going with immature edulis foliage.

o

Hi,

here is a young plant of edulis f. edulis!

http://img105.imageshack.us/i/s5001750abe3.jpg/

The plants aren't mine...

o
RE: That's it!

Thanks for the pic! Those look just like mine! When do they begin to grown vine-like, and have tendrils? The other passionflower are tall and have tendrils.

o

The leaves should start growing in with the mature lobed foliage and tendrils soon. I have edulis that sent up mature foliage at about 5" but most are closer to a foot before the mature leaves start growing.

o
RE:Thanks +

They don't grow as fast as another I have. It grew 3' in one day! Another is about to bloom. I don't know what it is, either! I'm learning!

Here is a link that might be useful: Another

o
RE: Oops! 3', not 3' !

Miracle Grow isn't THAT good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Another pic

o
RE: 3 inches, that is!

For some reason, I kept using ' in lieu of ".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here