Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbms88

Which Passion Flower is this?

bbms88
13 years ago

Hello! I bought seeds, and got them mixed up. I posted this question in the "What is this plant" forum, but so far, no luck. I tried to attach a pic here, but was unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Name this plant

Comments (12)

• mark4321_gw
    13 years ago

I agree with Karyn and Shawn's comments on the other forum--it looks like young, unlobed P. edulis leaves if I had to guess. However you do have more information. Are the stipules and petiole glands consistent with P. edulis? See the link below. If they are, then since there's a lot of P. edulis seeds in the world that would be the most likely possibility.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ulmer, et al. description of P. edulis

• eristal
    13 years ago

More pics! It is hard to tell from just the one little picture. I am leaning toward P. edulis also, but if the leaves stay single lobed, and they are thick and firm, I would start to lean toward a Laurifolia supersection, like P. alata, P. quadrangularis, et al.

Hopefully, you can send us some more pictures...

Eric

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have had no luck reducing the photo, so below is the url on my Facebook page. I'm learning about nectaries, and I think this plant has two per leaf (pic shows them). Does that help? Thanks! Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's the pic showing the nectaries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Try 2

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Everytime I try the link, I'm directed to the first pic. The album has both. Sorry.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

I'm still going with immature edulis foliage.

• passifreak
    13 years ago

Hi,

here is a young plant of edulis f. edulis!

http://img105.imageshack.us/i/s5001750abe3.jpg/

The plants aren't mine...

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the pic! Those look just like mine! When do they begin to grown vine-like, and have tendrils? The other passionflower are tall and have tendrils.

• karyn1
    13 years ago

The leaves should start growing in with the mature lobed foliage and tendrils soon. I have edulis that sent up mature foliage at about 5" but most are closer to a foot before the mature leaves start growing.

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They don't grow as fast as another I have. It grew 3' in one day! Another is about to bloom. I don't know what it is, either! I'm learning!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Miracle Grow isn't THAT good!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• bbms88
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For some reason, I kept using ' in lieu of ".