Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Damaged during shipping

Posted by karyn1 Maryland (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 9, 06 at 18:58

I received a Platyloba and a Lutea yesterday and they are looking pretty sorry, limp and wilted. Both are at least 4' with multiple stems. The rootball was wrapped in damp newspaper and plastic, the foliage was wrapped in damp newspaper. They left TX Tues am and got to MD Thurs pm. I'm thinking maybe they cooked? I checked the stems to see if they were broken but they looked OK. Is it possible that they might perk up or should I cut them back? If so is it worth attempting to root the cuttings? I did give them a shot of Superthrive when I potted them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Damaged during shipping

Cutting back a modest amount might be a good idea if they aren't perking up after a day or so. And it's always worth a shot at rooting the cuttings. The worst that could happen is the cuttings die. Best case, you've got more plants.

I got some pretty sad looking cuttings in the mail the other day myself, but I've stuck them in starter pots and watered them heavily, and they've perked up nicely (fingers crossed).

o
RE: Damaged during shipping

Be sure and mist the leaves a couple of times a day and keep them shaded.
Patsy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here