Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredflorida

Passiflora Sanguinolenta

RetiredFlorida
9 years ago

And accompanying visitors (Zebra Longwing Caterpillar).

Comments (11)

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The cat.

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

more to come......

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One last image, a different perspective.

• merkity
    9 years ago

nice - very interesting caterpillar too!

• morningloree
    9 years ago

Love the pictures, I haven't seen as many butterflies this year. The deer however...

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Merkity. It is a Zebra Longwing caterpillar. We have more than we've seen before, especially the Zebras Dawn. I have a yellow candlestick that is a magnet for the yellow buttterflies. Easy to grow from seed (ie reseeds, but is easy to control).

• merkity
    9 years ago

i like seeing the caterpillars and butterflies around the yard. I just brought home a new passion vine - and I have already noticed a very interested butterfly hanging around, likely it was a gulf fritillary - but he was really persistent about checking out the vine even though i was right on top of it. I have parsley planted which is attracting some yellow swallowtails - still trying to pinpoint which ones...

now we race to get the vine established before too many butterflies find it!

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh yeah that is a trick Merkity. Good luck.

• passiefarm
    9 years ago

My sanguinolenta is struggling to survive (starter plant). Any suggestions/comments about it's likes/dislikes here in Central Florida would be welcome. 'Adularia' and citrina are doing fine from the same supplier and on the same order.

• morningloree
    9 years ago

I have found it does not like to be dry. I don't keep it soaking wet, but it has required moister soil than my others.

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I agree morningloree, it loves to be moist when it is very hot.

Sponsored