Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first hybrid...

Posted by pshawn 9B, California (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 10 at 23:55

We just got our first bloom on a hybrid we made of P. x violcea 'Victoria' X P. caerulea. Turns out M. G. van der Steeg registered this cross in 1998 as P. 'Frits'

Ours looks exactly the same. Go figure. I'll post a picture on Myles Irvine's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5596648422&ref=ts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first hybrid...

Those are gorgeous!

o

Congrats!! It just so happens that this same cross was my first hybrid as well, which bloomed for the first time last year. The slight variation may be that our P. x violacea is the named 'Atropurporea' variety, as opposed to 'Victoria'. Still, it's considered the same cross. I have one that looks much different that I tried unsuccessfully to register, and now this year, I have about 20 more blooming like crazy, that all have just a slight variance between them, but nothing substantial enough to register. They sure love the sun though!!

Enjoy.

Eric

o

• Posted by pshawn 9B, Califorbia (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 0:52

Thanks for the encouragement Eric. Here's a couple pics of ours. Got any of yours?

P/ 'Victoria' X P. caerulea

P. 'Victoria' X P. caerulea

o

WOW this is Awesome! Congrats!

o

This is the one I like the best:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ericw.ewi/1stPassifloraHybrid?authkey=Gv1sRgCJbHlNHj4dnzdA&feat=email.#

o

• Posted by pshawn 9B, Califorbia (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 24, 10 at 19:58

I love those flowers, Eric! They look significantly different from my cross. I actually suspect that in my cross one of the parents was P. x violacea of a different line (not 'Victoria'). Here's a pic. What do you think?

Photobucket

o

My red passionflower has plenty of blooms but no fruit. Why does this happen? Does it mean that it's a hybrid?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here