Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

One person's pruning, another's cuttings

mark4321_gw
15 years ago

I just wanted to direct anyone who might be interested to a long post on the exchange section. (to get to exchanges, go to bottom of index of threads and hit "switch to exchanges"). I only bring it up here because things seem pretty sleepy over there.

I'm hoping to address two related issues:

1) Facilitate the distribution of excess plant material (for example from pruning) that others may use for cuttings.

2) To make sure that there are ways in which we can recover our plants if they unexpectedly die.

The essence is that if a person has cuttings to distribute, they should do so, with the agreement that they can expect the same in return if the mother plant dies.

My hope is that it will easily help distribute plants while protecting against minor or major catastrophes (we can all think of a few). It will also encourage those who are new and have nothing to trade.

Personally, I only have small plants and will not be pruning in the near future. I also already have too much and am not really looking at the moment. However, I was able to get a couple sets of cuttings of 'Lavender Lady' to hopefully start the process going. It's fairly easy to root and one of the most reliable bloomers. I have two sets of cuttings to give away, and so far nobody has claimed them--I think the exchange section is a little sleepy.

So anyway, free unrooted cuttings of 'Lavender Lady' at the moment, please add other cuttings you'd like to distribute--perhaps for your own security.

If you are interested in the 'Lavender Lady': first come at:

looking4plants@yahoo.com (I can't normally be reached there, btw).

Comments (6)

Sponsored