Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krstofer_gw

Looks like I got lucky..

Krstofer
18 years ago

I picked another fruit from my lady margaret today.. The one I polinated w/ caerulea? Yeah..

Opened said fruit.. Dreading the emptyness I found the last time..

Not this time. There were 2 strange looking fleshy structures.. I opened one & there's a seed inside. The other is circled:

{{gwi:1130883}}

So I am in possesion of 2 seeds from this particular cross now.

Question is: What if anything should I do with / to them before I plant them? Stick 'em in the dirt right away, or wait & let them dry?

Comments (4)

• tdogmom
    18 years ago

I read that you shouldn't let them dry out. Have you checked out the following website before?

Here is a link that might be useful: Planting Passiflora seedsa great link!

• Krstofer
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I did not know that- I've planted the caerulea X lady margaret (the 2 I have so far..) and will be planting some fresh caerulea X 'amethyst' tomorrow. I also have dried ones- which have been dry for... 2 or 3 weeks, so I dunno if that length of time will matter. I guess I'll know if either sprouts first.

ANyone want a couple? I've got a few extra.

• passionflow
    18 years ago

Hi Krstofer
    Better to let the fruit drop then leave in the sun in a hot window than pick them-or as on some Passiflora they dont drop, leave on till they are wrinkled. The seed drying will not be a problem for these species-just presoak till they sink before planting.

• Krstofer
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I got impatient... Rolling by them every day- Wondering "is there anything in there?

But I'm gonna leave the rest alone.
    Thanks.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio