Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwink246_gw

Where to buy?

jwink246
16 years ago

Can anyone suggest a place to buy passion flower vines in Jacksonville Fl? If not, how about online?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Comments (11)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Online the nicest, biggest plants come from Zone 9 Tropicals but the selection is limited. Grassy Knolls has a huge variety of passies but the plants are much smaller.
    Karyn

• chazparas
    16 years ago

I purchased a collection from Logees, small pots and not cheap but healthy plants. They were about 12 inches in 2 inch pots but are over 4 feet tall after 1 month of being out side, and covered with buds.

• chrisgross
    16 years ago

I have grown Passion FLowers great from seeds, if you want to know where to buy great seeds go to tradewindsfruit.com

• melva
    16 years ago

I have gotten some nice ones on ebay from dogwoodcritternet

• chrismac_flutter
    16 years ago

chrisgross...Glad to hear you have had them grow great from seed. HELP!!! Can you tell me your process? I soaked mine in Passionjuice for a few days and then nicked them and placed them in Jiffy pots. Out of the 40 I planted, I have 2 growing.

I know patirnce is needed for these but what time frame should I really be looking at? Should I do bottom heat? Can you tell me everything you do??

Flutter

• fmogul
    16 years ago

I;ve gotten great service from Brushwood Vines (www.brushwoodnursery.com). Not dirt cheap, but reasonable for what they are. My caerulea was the hit of the neighborhood last year. It didn't winter over, but I was warned it'd be marginally hardy.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Flutter I always use a seed mat for germinating passie seeds unless it's the middle of the summer when I start them outside in pots. Some varieties sprout within 10 days and others can take many months. I keep the soil moist but not wet. I also barely cover the seeds. I've had mixed results and some varieties just haven't sprouted. I've had good results with amethystina, vitifolia, malformis, actinia, antioquensis & quadrangularis. I've had rotten results with mollisima, alata, and edulis. I'm sure there's others that I've planted but can't think of them right now.
    Karyn

• chena
    16 years ago

Gosh Karyn.. isn't it funny the three you had rotten results with came up easy for me along with actina and quadranularis.. Not the first Maliformis tho..and the sp. JS is a stubborn one. Another easy one is Pananma Red...
    Chena

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Chena what does the Panama Red look like? Never heard of that one.
    Karyn

• chena
    16 years ago

Hey Karyn.. I had a pic of it but I can't locate it.. rarexoticseeds.com has one
    said to be an eduils X edulis flavicarpa
    hybrid..
    I started seed this summer and the plants are about 8" from the soil line....The germination rate was 75% and it doesn't seem to mind the heat....Hopefully it will bloom next yr.

• PRO
    RAREXOTICSEEDS
    9 years ago

Hi There,
    Our clients rarely complain about our services.
    If you have any questions about our services, we advise you to look at our FAQ : http: //www.rarexoticseeds.com/en/faq .
    Also don't hesitate to contact us at contact@rarexoticseeds.com we will answer you with pleasure and in time.

Thank you.