Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Revealed

Posted by krstofer Zone 8 (ish) (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 13, 06 at 11:35

So I've had one plant for about 2 years... Had no idea what she was. Last week I noticed flower buds- WOOHOO I thought, *Finally* get to ID this one!

So I've been checking every day.. Yesterday I noticed one was alllllmost ready. Figures, I thought.. I'm leaving for a few days this afternoon- Knew she'd bloom late in the day today & be gone by the time i got back.

Well.. That flower opened yesterday afternoon. Appears to be an incense- The pic is here. (take it, use it, whatever) I was hoping for something a lil more exotic, but.. Looks like incense, smells like incense..

I already have one, but it's sterile. This one *may* not be, polinated her with white caerulea (one of my 'known good' polinators) .. Guess we'll see when I get back if it "took". If it did, maybe in 2 (more) years I'll be puttin' up pix of my new & interesting hybrd. Never know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Revealed

I thought it looked more like inspiration; I have an Incense & Inspiration; and the Darker one is Inspiration; and my Incense seems to have a slightly different corona" with a few layers of short filaments and then the long filaments. Maybe Im wrong; Im just going by what how they were each labeled when I bought them; and so far only the Incense has bloomed and it's vary's slightly from your pic and looks more like the pic that in my book for Inspiration. What does everyone else think.

o
RE: Mystery Revealed

Could be Inspiration huh? Sweet. 'Cource incense isn't blooming right now else I'd do a side-by side, but good to know I might have (another) something different.
Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here