Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
passiflora edulis

Posted by csetz5877 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 15:56

I believe I have a passiflora edulis growing along my fenceline. Beautiful purple flowers growing everywhere. Sorry I don't have picture to post.

My question is, I have noticed little golf ball size fruits on it. How do you know when they are ready for picking. Last year I only noticed three or four and they were well hidden and basically shriveled up before I got to them, whith nothing but dry seeds in them.

Also, can you plant the seeds to grow more?

Just a novice here.

Thanks - Chad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: passiflora edulis

They'll change color, yellow or purple, depending on the variety. When the skin softens and begins to wrinkle it's ripe.

You can plant the seeds and will probably get blooms by the second season, maybe sooner.

o
RE: passiflora edulis

anything special to do to the seeds prior to planting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here