Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maypop in Michigan question

Posted by virraszto (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 19:01

* I posted this in another forum, when I should have posted it in this forum. I don't know how to delete the other one.

I planted Maypops two years ago. Last year, they came up beautifully, and mid-May, they 'popped' up and grew fast and furious. By end of may they were in full bloom. This year, however, I had all but given up on them. I kept checking to see if they had started sprouting and figured they were gone for good. Today, during a walk through my yard, I was surprised to see them growing.
Isn't this unusual for Maypops?

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maypop in Michigan question

Not unusual at all. I'm in zone 7 and some of my incarnata vines don't emerge until late June, early July. Plants I have at the end of the driveway are about the same size as the ones in your pic. The ones near the house are significantly bigger. Probably because the brick radiates heat into the soil.

You might want to pull up some of the grass and plants growing near the passion vines.

o
RE: Maypop in Michigan question

I just went out and pulled up the junk growing near them. I hadn't done it because I didn't think they were going to come up. I was certain they should have been much bigger than these by now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here