Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
passionlove

Passiflora dies suddenly??? Myles?

passionlove
14 years ago

Hello everyone!

Well, I just don't get it! I have a P.Lady Margaret outside in the ground. In the same area I have an edulis and an incense.

The incense has got some spider mites and the Lady Margret did get some mites, but not major. Anyway, this LM has come up from the ground after last years freeze. It has been doing better than ever with many blooms every day. Well, today I suddenly noticed that the whole vine flopped and the leaves are crinkled up and dry. I'm positive this is not a watering issue.

I have had the same thing happen to an incarnata that I have in the ground in another area, but when I bought that incarnata I was later told that they got in a sick batch. The same thing happened to the incarnata as the LM..The leaves would shrivel up and the plant dies with days.

Anyone have any ideas? It's weird how it happened over night. Yesterday it was perky and had large beautiful blooms. As I said, all the other plants around it in the ground are doing fine. What can cause such a sudden shriveled up and dry dead plant?

I'm wondering if some kind of pest can cause this..maybe underground?

Thanks!!!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored