Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strybing sale this Saturday

Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 15 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 21:28

I just thought I'd let people in Northern California know that one of the monthly Strybing sales is this Saturday at 10:00 A.M.

It's a great way to expand your collection with good sized plants that are more often than not blooming size, and frequently in bud. Prices for most things are $15, with a few $18 or $20.

I've bought the following at the monthly sales: P. x exoniensis, P. x exoniensis x parritae, P. parritae, P. loefgrenii Iporanga, P. gritensis, "P. parritae x caerulea 'Constance Eliot'", P. 'Mission Dolores', and perhaps one or two that I'm forgetting. I'm sure Eric's list is much longer.

If they don't have something you are looking for you can always ask, and sometimes they'll run back and get it for you. The true experts man the Passiflora (and other) tables, and they can answer just about any question you have. These sales are not to be missed.

Of course they sell many plants that are not Passifloras. Even the sales featuring a certain type of plant sell the whole range.

This P. x exoniensis was a $15 plant last March, in a 1 gallon pot, in bud:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Link to Strybing site

I forgot the link!

Here is a link that might be useful: Strybing sales

o
RE: Strybing sale this Saturday

• Posted by pshawn 9B, California (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 0:43

I agree that these sales are not to be missed if you're in the area or can be!!!

I also wanted to ask: does anyone have a plant of this supposed parritae x 'Constance Elliot' cross that has flowered? There was some discussion about this cross previously on the forum...

shawn

o
RE: Strybing sale this Saturday

Shawn,

I was told that quite a few of those seedlings have bloomed and they all look like parritae x antioquiensis.

Mine has not bloomed, although I keep looking for buds...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here