Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
singhin_gw

Seed questions

singhin
18 years ago

This past week I harvested 2 fruit from my Blue Crown variant (if interested see "Blue Crown or you guys tell me" post earlier this month). Between the 2 fruit I got about 90 seeds - got most of the pulp off-soaked for 2 days, all sank. I realize this does not mean all are viable. I also still have 1 larger fruit left on the vine to harvest probably later this week.

Have no idea what they were pollinated with, I bought them with the fruit on them. So the long waiting period begins. I know I know may not happen at all :)

I did not get a chance to get them planted this past weekend. Currently I have them in dry paper towels.

My question is: is there a particular "window of opportunity" to now plant these? Have I missed it? I planned on planting them this weekend. Should I re-soak them or just plant them dry?

I know obviously with most seeds (store bought) that they have been sitting around for who knows how long and it's OK. But with Passionflowers... I'm not sure. I'm guessing they will be fine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH