Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Not many blooms

karyn1
16 years ago

I have no idea what's going on with my passies and all of my tropical and sub tropical plants this year. I'm getting so few blooms. The plants themselves look great, nice healthy foliage and lots of new growth but very few buds and some plants aren't blooming at all. I haven't done anything different this year. The only thing I can think of that might be the cause was the weird winter and spring temps. We had an unusually warm winter up until Feb then the temps plummeted. The spring was unusually cold for a very long time and my plants didn't go outside until almost a month later then normal. On the flip side all my cold hardy blooming plants did beautifully, especially things like peonies and flowering trees like lilacs. Some of the passies are fairly new and that could account for the lack of blooms but most I've had for a long time and they have always bloomed like crazy. I don't know if everything is delayed or they aren't going to bloom at all. I only have about 6 more weeks of warm temps left in my zone : (

Karyn

Comments (2)

Sponsored