Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indoor Passiflora caerulea Pruning HELP!

Posted by jaybea20 6A (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 15:37

Hi there! I am ecstatic that my Passion Vine just opened a flower today (people, I mean jumping up and down as if I won the lottery-I'm a geek, I know).

I'm creating a "living wall"...really just shaping the vine the way I want up a tall wall in my morning room. My idea is to make it in the shape of a tree, about 2 feet across and as high as it will go. I am using 3 plants potted in one large pot.

Anyway, onto the help-I have noticed several tendrils that seem "crisp" and weak, like they almost could break or I could pull them off as opposed to the bright green strong
tendrils. Should I clip these hard crisper ones off, so the plant can give more nutrients to the healthy tendrils, buds, etc? Or would it harm the plant if I do that?

PS-I have no idea if this cool live wall thing will work, just thought it would be a fun change of pace to try.

Thanks in advance for any help!
J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indoor Passiflora caerulea Pruning HELP!

Another Pic---ahh, I am in love, at least for the day the flower will be there. lol

o
RE: Indoor Passiflora caerulea Pruning HELP!

I tried the living wall thing with my first passiflora that has since passed away, may it rest in peace. It did wonderfully, but It was hard to keep off my blinds, lol! I am not sure what you mean by crisp, are they still green?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here