Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_witch

Newbie questions

garden_witch
18 years ago

Last year I tried winter sowing a few different passifloras. My p. incarnata is now a year and a half old, despite my best efforts to kill it =) The vine is now almost two feet long, although for the longest time it was just a stick in the pot. Last fall I left it out a little too long, it froze and was presumed dead. I kept the pot, thinking I would reuse the soil sometime. It just sat in the back room with no water, little light all winter. When I went to dump it this spring, I noticed that the roots still looked alive. So I put it near the kitchen window, started watering and poof, it got leaves! Now, it seems that the seeds that did not sprout last year were still good, I have three or four seedlings surrounding the main plant.

So, on to my questions. Forgive me if these are basic knowledge, but I am a bit new to passion flowers=) Also, I saw no FAQ's ...

I would like to keep these as houseplants through the winter. Do they keep good indoors? Also, what sort of light/food/water/humidity will they need? Or would I be better off to "kill" them again and let them remain dormant indoors for the winter?

Second, what size pot would be good for each plant? Also, is any particular potting mix better?

And most important, when will they bloom?!

TIA

GW

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths