Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora: yellow/dying leaves

Posted by sdaztec0 zone 10 (so ca) (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 19:05

I have a Passiflora Alata (Ruby Glow), which is potted on the side of my house. It gets alot of sun and I water it about once per week. It does well for a short time in early summer (about 1 month), then many of the leaves turn yellow and fall off. The leaves that remain green often curl. The plant just doesnt look healthy. I dont see any pests, but I have sprayed it as a precaution. What am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora: yellow/dying leaves

I water all of my Passi's every other day; sometimes every day depending on the heat; and they all seem to do very well with this; also I lightly fertilize once a week with the Fertilizer that Dissolves in Water; and a 2 gallon's of fertilized water is split between 5 passi's. So it's just a light fertilization every week; but my plants seem to do really well from it; lots of large flowers; lots of new growth; very little dying; also with one of my Passi's I was having a Ant Problem; Ants seem to love my Margaret for Some Reason; so I sprayed it with a watered down bug killer; well since I did this many of the leaves are not doing well; I have never used a plant insecticide on my Passi's and I never will again; I personally think certain ones are too sensitive. None of my Passi's ever seem to have insect problems they all seem pretty tolerant in that respect. I tend to think it may be lack of a Nutrient; I would water a little more often and maybe try lightly fertilizing weekly. That's just what works for me though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here