Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Citrina doing better inside

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 19:35

Well my citrinas have been inside for a couple weeks and seem much happier. No more yellow foliage. I guess they just can't stand the high heat. It does well in dappled shade until mid July, then the foliage starts to yellow and drop, even when I move them to full shade. I guess these will need to remain inside for most of the year. To bad because I hate having plants in the house.
Karyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Citrina doing better inside

I don't like having plants in the house either - I think p. citrina is one I won't order.
Sherry

o
RE: Citrina doing better inside

Mine died out side too it was just to hot even in the shade here was sad to lose it so fast we also have had a ton of rain that didnt help matters .I have lost about 3 do to the heat and rain but up and coming my favorite is this guy you cant kill it its a tuff plant and my GF butterflys love it.
Foetida

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Didnt care for these at first but wow they bloom everyday and grow fast can bloom from seed in a few months and great for caterpillars .I like the pink better than the purple but both are a must for hot zones that would kill most plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here