Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

Lady Margaret...

chena
16 years ago

I got this from a friend in the Spring.. I really didn't expect it to bloom.. I'm Very Happy!!!

Chena

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (10)

• MissSherry
    16 years ago

Your LM is beautiful, but it looks different from mine - here's a picture of mine -
    {{gwi:461621}}
    Maybe it's just the cameras.
    Sherry

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Your LM is quite unusual looking with those spots. I wonder if all the blooms will be like that? Mine looks like Sherry's.
    Karyn

• chrismac_flutter
    16 years ago

Mine look like sherry's too. Chena..could it be water spots from your sprinklers hat give the petals that look?

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No those spots are really on there.. I brought it in the house a couple of weeks ago when the temps settled in at 104/5*.. My red colored ones seem to stress under the heat and humidity...
    Chena

• jblaschke
    16 years ago

Chena, I know you don't have higher heat or humidity than I do, and my LM blossoms have never varied that much from the norm. I wonder if you've got a mislabled plant? Someone posted a pic of a LM here last year, and we decided that it was probably the very similar Red Inca hybrid instead. Are the leaves tri-lobed? Lightly fuzzy?

This has me curious, because those polka dots are cool...

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

It is very pretty. Maybe you got something new or unique! I think the ones I had looked similar to sherry's. I don't think the photo you have is LM unless it has some sort of virus or is crossed with something else. Did it get sprayed with any chemicals or anything?

I will have to dig through my old computers for the photos I took of my LM before I killed it (snort, lol). That is the 2nd time I killed LM, guess I get one more chance! (if the old saying is true, about you gotta kill it 3 times).

Someone else who grows them in AZ told me that they always die on them in the summmer and they cant tolerate extreme heat. That is what happened to mine. It looked great all spring, winter, fall then croaked when it started staying above 110 F.

Hope you find out what yours is~ let us know.

• kiwinut
    16 years ago

Is that the only bloom so far? If it is, then maybe this one is just a fluke, and more will follow that look normal. Those spots are really weird, something I have never seen before. Maybe a virus?

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL.. Yeah...RARE!! HMMMM.. What are the chances... There is another bloom on it's way so I guess we will see.. It caught me by suprise. I haven't gotten ahold of my dear friend who shared this plant... If it is a fluke.. hee hee hee.. At least I have a pic...
    Chena

• karyn1
    16 years ago

It will be interesting to see if the next bloom has those psychedelic polka dots. I don't think it's due to the heat & humidity either. We've been hovering around 100 with at least 85% humidity since early July. I think it's kind of cool looking, definitely different. Let us know what the new bloom looks like.
    Karyn

• kiwinut
    16 years ago

We have had 15 days this month at or above 100 degrees and bone dry. Lady Margaret had a couple of blooms on a 107 degree day and many others on slightly "cooler" days. Totally normal with no psychedelic polka dots!