Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long do I need to wait for it to bloom?

Posted by ange2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 22:09

Someone gave me a small passionflower vine three years ago (from seed). The first year it was in a greenhouse. The second year it was planted in ground but the leaves kept being eaten by caterpillars. This year, it has lot of leave (no caterpillars), but still no flowers. How long does it normally take for this to bloom if it's grown from a seed? The location is mostly shade with maybe 2 hours of sun a day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long do I need to wait for it to bloom?

might be more location than maturity?

o

Someone writes that his passion vines are planted in different locations, from full sun to mostly shade, and they're all doing well. What location do you have yours in?

o

ive kept indoors for two years, no flowers. this year i put outside eventually in full sun and now have buds. i would also report that the vines have done very well indoors, but they never flowered.

o

Most passiflora require quite a bit of sun, so as suggested you may have to move it or open up the shade for it.

o

It's been in its current location for two years. I'll have to find another more sunny location and transplant it in the winter.

So, do they normally bloom in one or two years from seed?

Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here