Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reyna1_gw

help ID-ing a plant...(very unusual seed)

reyna1
16 years ago

recently i was watching a plant that was growing on the side of the road, it was a small vine that i could have sworn looked a little like a passion fruit, at least thats what i thought, so i decided to just watch it and wait until it set seed then i would gather the seed, save some for planting and then offer the rest up for trade..

well turns out that when i collected the seed, and then looked on the internet to see what passiflora seeds look like, ...i dont think its a passiflora..

the seeds of this vine that i collected

individually the seeds look like a large sperm

they have a head, much like sperm and a little squiggly tail as well....

when they are all on the flower head, it looks like a round ball w/ fur around it....

i took pictures w/ someone else's camera, and he was supposed to email me the pics tonight so i could post, but he didnt....

i know thats not really a good description and now that i think of it, i should have taken pictures of the vine and flowers themselves before they dried up, but i didnt :(

anyway, it was a gorgeous plant, and if anyone can recognize by my description, hopefully you can tell me what plant it is or could be and i can rule it out

i should have pics shortly..hopefully by tomorrow

any help or guidance is appreciated

Danny

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?