Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackie_o_gw

Okay I know it's hard to believe...

jackie_o
18 years ago

Last Fall I started some seeds (winter sowing) but put them out too early and they germinated so I kept them going in the house in my bay window.

One of the things that came up I had no idea what it was and asked all over Gardenweb for people to help identify it. Turns out it was a passiflora. Now hears the hard part. I have two passionflowers, a Lady Marguerite and a Caerulea. I never got any fruit but tore open one of the Caerulea flowers and planted what looked like seeds to me. I didn't think anything would come of it and I know that it shouldn't have, but there is no other explanation for the plant that I now have. I didn't have any passionflower seeds. I bought my two plants at Lowes.

{{gwi:1133396}}

Anyway, in the Spring I planted them all outside and the "seedling" is taking over the area that it's in. I would so like to see what the flower will look like, but it hasn't flowered. I'm in zone 5-6 so with Lady Marguerite in it I don't think it'll survive outside.

How do I get this monster inside? Is it better to try cuttings (how?) or cut back the whole thing and dig up the root ball with some vines and pot that?

{{gwi:1133397}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH