Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krstofer_gw

How do you do it?

Krstofer
18 years ago

Many of my vines, being vines, are growing all over the place. Intertwined with each other.. Climbing all over everything.. It would be one thing if they didn't grab onto everything (like my kiwis for example) but every 1" to 4" they've got a hold on something else. Disentangling them can be Quite a project.

Hence my question to those of you who have been growing them for a while- What's your method (if any) of keeping them seperated?

Right now I have some wrapped around bamboo stakes and others twined on tomato cages- I'll let the vine go for a while, then go out and de-tangle them all & re-wrap the new parts around what's already there. If necessary cut off any extra lengths, maybe putting them in the cloning box.

Some I've seen in the stores are just tied to a stake & it looks like any excess length is simply trimmed.

I'm about to start the detangling process again as It's getting cold here & I *know* there's some who won't survive the winter if I don't bring them in soon.. But I have to make a list of everyone & look up their hardiness. This time I want to try & make it easier on myself for next time.

Suggestions?

Comments (3)

Sponsored