Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
passionlove

Passiflora Cincinnata Photos

passionlove
14 years ago

Finally I got some flowers on my Passiflora Cincinnata. There has been some debate on which one I have. Elizabeth from Grassy Knolls informed me that the seed was from Costa Rica.

Now that I got the flowers, I can now confirm that it is the same P.Cincinnata that Ron Boender had at Butterfly World: Passiflora Cincinnata CR 'Fabio'

Comments (15)

• eristal
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! I hope the sucker you gave us does okay. It had a little stress from the traveling, but I think it's acclimating to it's new planter, and is just starting to put on some new growth. I don't expect flowers this year, but you never know...

Eric

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

I just noticed buds on my first year cincinnata plants today (woo hoo!). Looks like the first will open in a week or so. My seeds were from Mauro Peixoto, who told me the parent plant was from the Bahia province in Brazil. From what I've read, cincinnata flowers are quite variable across their range. Can't wait to see what mine look like. Also, I've just gotten roots on some cincinnata cuttings that I took a few weeks ago--was starting to think they wouldn't root. Those Oasis root cubes are awesome!

Mark

• passionlove
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eric,
    Thanks! Hopefully it will do well for you:) You never know, it may flower this year. Mine did have to get quite large before it flowered. It also could be because it is young and was grown from seed.

Mark,
    Can't wait to see what yours looks like. I'd imagine that your Cincinnata will have more banding and colors on the filaments, but you never know. As you said, the flower can be quite variable. Good luck with your cuttings. Maybe we can swap Cincinnata plants later on, so that we can both have different clones.

• lavenderlilly
    14 years ago

What a beautiful plant! Great photo, too!

• MissSherry
    14 years ago

Beautiful! It's great to see a picture of one of the parents of P. 'Incense'!
    Sherry

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

Passionluv,

We can definitely do a trade. In fact, I will need to do a significant cutback when I bring it in for the winter in a couple of months or so. So I should have lots of cuttings.

Mark

• passionlove
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Mark,
    I will have to cut mine back too, so that would be great!

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

Hey Passionlove,

Do you know what time of day the cincinnata flowers open? I'm not sure if mine will open in the next day or two or not.

Thanks!
    Mark

• passionlove
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmmm,
    good question. They open in the morning some time before the afternoon, but I actually haven't been around to see exactly when it opens. Hope you get a chance to see it. Post some photos for sure. Good luck!

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

Here's the first one! Quite a few more buds too! Smells just like Incense.

Mark

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

A close-up of the center:

• passionlove
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow that is absolutely beautifull!!! This is the P. Cincinnata I really wanted. Congrats on your new beautiful blooms. i can't wait to do a swap :-D

• eristal
    14 years ago

Wow! Those are both gorgeous. I want... I want... I want. Next spring I'll be twisting your arm for cuttings.
    Eric

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

Here's the second one:
    Opened yesterday.

• louisianamark
    14 years ago

Here's the side view:

Mark

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews