Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora Disease?

Posted by joshv21 NY Zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 22:59

Hey everyone!

So I recently got a rooted cutting of a Lady Margaret and at first it was growing great. But after a few weeks the leaves started getting small white/yellowish spots all over the top of the leaves. The new leaves that grow don't have the spots but after a few days the spots start appearing. The main vine ended up dying but a side vine was able to sprout up and is still growing slowly.
Now my questions are: 1.) Does anyone know if this is a disease, bacterial or viral? 2.) Is there any hope for saving my plant and getting rid of this problem?
Thank you for your help. -Josh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora Disease?

• Posted by mark4321 10a CA Sunset 16/17 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 23:36

Look for tiny red (or sometimes brown) creepy, crawly guys on the underside of the leaves--a magnifying glass helps. To the unaided eye they will probably just look like a few tiny specks (perhaps very few). These are spider mites. The easiest way to treat something this small is to spray the underside with a forceful spray of water. Often a handheld sprayer adjusted right is enough. Repeat every few days until they they seem to be gone and isolate them from other infected plants.

o
RE: Passiflora Disease?

Thank you very much Mark. I've been doing as you said and it looks like the little buggers are going away! Hopefully my Lady Margaret will start to recover now :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here