Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sf4023st

Encouraging new growth, darker leaves, less leaf drop

sf4023st
13 years ago

I have an unamed potted passion flower growing in a large ceramic planter that's about 20" high and 30" wide. It's actually two types (a classic white/purple kind and a solid violet) and the vine consists of three plants that were in a 3 gallon pot when I bought from the HomeDepot. It has grown really well and some vines are 15 feet long and there's even some fruit. I haven't had any problem with flowering but the problem I do have is the older leaves at the base of the plant have been yellowing and dropping and the only new growth is from the tip of the vines. Is there any way to encourage new grown from the base of the plant? Right now it's starting to look bare and dead and I want to fill it in. There's another passion vine 5 ft away growing in a larger planter and I don't have a problem with this plant. It's very very lush and green and full of flowers. The foliage is very green where as the one with the dropping leaves the foliage is lighter. I think it's a different variety and gets a little more shade and more room for the root so that's why I think it might be a little more lush. I water and fertilize all plants the same, yet the smaller potted one doesn't seem so healthy though it is growing and flowering.

Advice?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES