Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passion Winterizing

Posted by bubbascooter 8a SC (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 24, 06 at 1:03

Hi...Back in early spring, I was given 4 passion flower plants in one pot. I planted them togerther next to a tall palm tree and the vines have "taken off". The tree is completely covered with the vines and the flowers are beatiful. My question is now that it is getting cold, (Middle 40's tonight) do they need to be cut back, mulched over real good and thorough, fertalized, etc. OR should I cut everything back and try to easily/delicatly bring them inside for the winter? At this point, I am at a complete loss as to my next move and I sure do not want to loose them. PLEASE HELP if you can...Thanks Bubbascooter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passion Winterizing

Not sure where you live, but I live in northern TX... My passionflower plants are still in bloom. They die back and all I do is cut down the vines when they dry out(some climbing my tree & most that have covered several trellises). They come back every year and show up even in the middle of my grassy yard! I do not mulch or do anything at all but let it die back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here