Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora Sources--Online/Mail Order

Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 15 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 22, 09 at 14:18

I thought it would be worthwhile if people who read this forum would list some of their sources of plants and seeds.

I'll break these down into different posts for (1) Ebay (2) Online and (3) Retail. Of course there will be overlap.

Where possible, the names of the plant(s) purchased might be useful. If you have any experiences as to whether their plants are correctly ID'd that's a big concern, so please mention it.

Grassy Knoll Exotic Plants: I buy most things locally, and they may be the only place I've ordered from online. GK has the most incredible variety of plants, and if you are interested in unusual/rare/hard to find species or varieties, it's wise to always check here. Other vendors often sell hard-to-find plants for several times the price. The owner, Elizabeth Peters, is one of the nicest and most helpful people out there and is very highly respected. The plants may or may not be as large as those from other vendors, but they are high quality. I've only bought P. umbilicata and a couple varieties of P. edulis, however I've had many email exchanges with Elizabeth. If I were looking for a particular plant this is the first place I would check. This is simply the only place that sells many plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grassy Knoll Exotic Plants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora Sources--Online/Mail Order

I agree with you about Grassy Knoll - I've ordered plants from Elizabeth, her variety is amazing, and her plants are all VERY healthy!
If you're looking for P. incarnata, Sunlight Gardens in Tennessee is great, too. I ordered three plants from them earlier this year, and I was shocked at how BIG the roots were on these plants. The prices are very reasonable, too.
Sherry

o
RE: Passiflora Sources--Online/Mail Order

I probably order most of my passies from Grassy Knolls as well. Zone 9 Tropicals also has some nice varieties and the plants are usually huge but they don't have the selection of passies that Elizabeth does.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zone 9

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here