Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellowing leaves?

Posted by the_man_fern (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 05 at 14:53

hello this is only my second post its good here isnt it:)
anyway i have two passionflowers growing under a special horticultural growlight and this spring summer and fall. I have had tonns of flowers on both almost continuously.
However recently i have noticed some yellowing between the veins, starting on one passionflower (lavender lady)and later on Lady margaret mostly on new growth.I have misted with epson salts and waited a week but no difference. can someone please help me i have researched and researched but cant pinpoint anything.
thank you in advace fpor any help
jamie

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/stickylungs/yellowingleaves.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellowing leaves?

oops here the picture :)

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of leaves

o

Have you given them any fertilizer? The yellow leaves would suggest they are starved for nitrogen or they are suffering from chlorosis. Chlorosis is usually caused by a deficiency in iron or manganese. This can be from a lack of the mineral or a pH too high or too low. Feeding them some compost tea would likely address all these issues.

~kiwinut

o

I'm having the same thing happen with 2 subrotunda I recently brought in.. The leaves are turning yellow & falling off. Almost all of the origional leaves have done it but several new branches have sprouted and are doing fine. Worried me there for a bit, but it looks like they both will survive.

I wonder if they were hit with too much cold before I moved them in, or if the change in light & humidity did it.. I really have no idea but they appear to be struggling along. Better to be inside & half dead than outside and all the way dead.

Someday I'll find a place to live where the temps are "nice" enough that I don't have to do the yearly inside / outside shuffle. I hear San Diego is nice.. BUt never having been there I don't know if it will agree with me.

o

They just go into a sulk sometimes , when brought in for the winter and have to readjust to lower light , etc. Mine only seems to get chlorosis on the newest leaves , when regrowing from a heavy prunning usually. It always begins to lose many leaves after comming indoors for the winter, til it readjusts a bit, or worse without supplemental lighting it can keep losing leaves all winter quicker than the leaves are replaced. Some folks do keep them semi or completely dormant in the winter in a cool place that won't freeze however!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here