Original Author
    18 years ago

Taken with an Olympus E-20 & a 4x close-up, tripod mounted. F5.6 & F11

• kayjones
    18 years ago

Those are lovely!

• sgeorgia
    18 years ago

They're beautiful. I'm sure they were worth the wait.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    18 years ago

Nice pics krstofer! Your sunburst is so much brighter than mine, I was kinda disappointed in mine :( Any tips? My sunburst is in partial shade could that be the problem?
    TIA
    ~SJN

• cloudia
    18 years ago

Very nice looking passis!!!

• ninecrow
    18 years ago

Krstofer please let me know if you get any fruit set on your Edulis Frederic and what Pollen you used, You see I'm trying to set fruit on mine as well and I'm Having NO luck at the moment...
    Thanks

• Krstofer
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I crossed Fred with caerulea & it worked- That plant isn't self fertile, but my other Fred is. (I have 2 of the same variety..)

A neighbor has a flavicarpa so occasionally I'll go over there and "borrow" a few of his flowers & save the pollen. You can dry it for a day or 2, then store it in the fridge- Then I use a 3/0 round brush to polinate the new victims.

Now with both fred's blooming I just cross between the plants and of 8 flowers polinated so far, all are forming fruit. So I'd guess you could use just about anything, with the exception of the tacsonia & decaloba variants as from what I can tell they're just too far apart.
    For example, caerulea & edulis will work, but caerulea or edulis & sunburst won't. (sunburst is a decaloba) But if my capsularis, sanguinolenta or quinquangularis were in bloom I'd try to X them with the sunburst. That would be cool.

• ninecrow
    18 years ago

Thank You Very Much for the Info Krstofer...

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor