Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rialira

help! yellowing and wilting!

rialira
16 years ago

I bought a blue eyed susan from Logee's several weeks ago. at the time of purchase it had a large, ready to pop bud on it, which it dropped a couple days after I brought it home. the passionflowers were in 2.5 inch pots and the lady there told me not to transplant them for a while. I noticed that the roots on my blue eyed susan seemed particularly weak; the plant has a fairly thick stem but will not stand upright on its own. after I brought it home I noticed that it moved around a lot in the dirt and some of the roots were exposed, so I put some more dirt over it and hoped for the best. weeks passed without any growth whatsoever and slight yellowing of the leaves, so a few days ago I transplanted it to a window box with an edulis and some big moonflowers and morning glories. it is drooping like crazy and yellowing a little more. I'm thinking the soil may be too wet for it but I'm not about to rip it out of the ground again, plus the edulis and company are absolutely fine. any suggestions would be great.

also, a somewhat less pressing matter: I've got a handful of other passionflowers that won't flower, or do so rarely. buds appear, but yellow and die extremely small.

thanks,

ria

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH