Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thespirals

passiflora vines stopped growing

thespirals
15 years ago

i have 3 passiflora vines...p. 'witchcraft', p. membranacea and i forget the name of the last one..incarnata maybe. that last one i planted in the ground and i trained to grow along a fence and i see new growth from it often, i probably need to pinch it though.

but the other two have stopped growing. i have been seeing no new growth. i trained the membranacea to grow up a tree, and when i planted it in the ground it started getting tons of new growth and successfully attached itself into the tree...then it stopped growing. no new growth from the tips and no new growth coming from the nodes. this plant is right next to a plant that get heavily infested with aphids, but i see no aphids on the vine...no bugs at all on any of the vines.

i planted the witchcraft on the other end of the same fence i planted the other one, but it never rally took off. it grew a little but now it is not growing at all. i have fertilized them a couple of times with a 16-16-16 fertilizer from maxsea. when i planted them i fertilized them with a 4-6-2 before planting, and added compost to amend the sandy soil. the maxsea doesn';t seem to be doing anything, i fertilize about once a month and water about 2 to 3 times a week depending on the weather.

i know it is fall, but in san francisco and specifically the sunset district we are having our indian summer, so it is nice and sunny....and unpredictable, sometimes it is foggy. all summer it was foggy. our winters are very mild, no frost since i'm right by the beach, we get a few rains a year and that's it. mostly foggy during the winter, and windy.

so whats up with the stunted growth?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm