Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sean_gw

Odd Tacsonia hybrid...

sean
17 years ago

This plant is from seed I purchased from Tradewinds Fruit a few years ago and has finally reached blooming size. The bloom does have five petals and five sepals, this was the first bloom and was a little deformed.

{{gwi:1134805}}

It must be a complex hybrid as I do not recognize much about it from any two species. Tradewinds expects that it has exoniensis, mollissima, antioquiensis and who knows what else in it. The peduncle is quite short, as is the floral tube, unlike a couple of the assumed parents.

{{gwi:1134807}}

There are some rather firm and long white filaments that I seem to recall seeing on some species photo somewhere but I can not recall where I saw the photo or what the species was..

{{gwi:1134809}}

It has leaves very similar to mollissima that also has a pubescence on the surface and bottom.

{{gwi:1134811}}

The fruit is odd that it looks like a pickled cucumber with the bumps covering it's surface.

{{gwi:1134813}}

It's a keeper no matter what it is, I just do not have any documentation or Provenance as to what it is so I doubt I will propagate and distribute this plant.

Cheers,

Sean

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH