Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification?

Posted by token28001 zone7 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 27, 09 at 22:35

Can anyone tell me what this "blue" passion vine species is? I'm trying to find out if it will return next spring if left outside. Zone 7b, NC. Thanks.

It was grown from seed. I'm pretty sure it was Burpee Heirloom seed, but dang if I can find anything about it online or my seed pack from this past spring. I'd just like to be able to put a name to it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification?

You sure you grew it from seed? It looks exactly like Amethyst or Lavender Lady. It definitely will not survive the winter outside in that pot. If it is Amethyst or LL, it is unlikely to survive even in a very protected spot in the ground with lots of mulch. You should really bring it into a warmer area indoors or start a few cuttings indoors for insurance.

o

Well now you have me wondering. I had one cutting from a trade that was supposed to be a red passion flower. I thought it died. So I bought seeds. Only one germinated and this is the only passionvine I have. Dangit. I see they can't be grown from seed if it is Amethyst. Maybe my seedling died and this is the one from the rooted cutting.

I've already taken cuttings to carry it over the winter in the basement under lights.

o

For what it is worth, I concur with kiwinut's assessment.

Eric

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here