Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jblaschke

Incarnata seed to trade

jblaschke
17 years ago

The last fruit of the season is currently ripening on my incarnatas and dropping, giving me the seed from a dozen or so fruit to trade. Anyone have anything interesting they're willing to swap?

The plant that's fruiting is a Texas native, collected this past spring from land about an hour west of Houston. The fruit are quite large, averaging three inches long and two in diameter (as I've said before, the size of a goose egg). Flavor is standard maypop. The flowers on this plant were oversized as well, equal in size to Incense. Coloration was lavender/white. Very striking, if a bit on the pale side. The pollen donor was grown from seed sent to me from Georgia. The flowers on that one are somewhat smaller, 2.5" across on average, but significantly darker purple and light white banding. The fruit of the pollen donor is almost exactly the same size and shape as a kiwi fruit. Flavor, again, is standard maypop--I can't taste any significant difference in acid, sweetness etc. between the two types).

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus