Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peatpod

Help with an ID

peatpod
17 years ago

Hello everyone. This is my first visit to this forum and I really hope someone can help me. I purchased this Passion Flower at Canada Blooms last spring. When I brought it home and really got looking at it I thought .. Humm this does NOT look like a passion flower vine. The shape of the vine itself looks to be more like a sweetpea than a Passion Flower. Anywho .. I potted it in the spring and tossed it outside not even hardening it off as I thought I had been ripped off by the vendor and had a sweet pea. I neglected it most of the summer ... once again because I didnt realize it was a PF. With winter approching an all of my other potted plants coming indoors, my hubby assumed I would want it in the house too. Well did the little guy bloom. I was amazed to actually see a PF!! Now my question is .. the leaves and the vine itself do not look like any PF I have seen .. but then again I havent seen too many .. it appears to be a very slow growing plant. Leaves are single & very large. This photo does not do the color justice .. it is a very soft lavender with hints of pink thoughout. What kind is it??

Laura

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA