Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passie taking over...?

Posted by mantorvillain z4bMN Dodge (willbeane2000@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 9:04

I traded brug cuttngs for passi cuttings early sprng and the 2 passies (type unknown) are in a 3 gal pot w @ 36" trellis embedded. This thing erupted in early fall and is now in a south window of our dining room acting like the plant from the little shop of horrors - LOL.
I've no experience w this plant and have just been trying to wrap the vines back around the trellis but it just keeps sending out more. It's not bloomed yet and I'm supposing it won't til it goes back outside next year??? At some point I'll need to limit its 'expansionist habit' as other things need to share this window. Should i just whack off new vines at some point? What conditions does it like (aside from this window-grin)and do I need to do anything to stimulate/promote flowering? I didn't find an FAQ for this forum so if anyone can share basic info or direct me to a source of info I'd really appreciate it.
Will

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passie taking over...?

hello mantorvillain

i bring mine in the end of sept to mid oct..
i trim off the stems i want to make cuttings from and put the original plant where there is average light...the new growth,i cut off and try to keep the main growth the same size...if the new growth is a lighter colour,i move the plant to a brighter area....having not much space...i use lights in the basement....i water and spray weekly,but it depends on how she looks.....
good luck
diggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here