Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

Chena......Rooting Questions

remuda1
16 years ago

Okay, I read about your rooting method with the wet foam and promptly went out and bought some :). I know that you said not to cover the shallow container, but what is a ball park figure on the temps your cuttings should stay at? I took about 10 cuttings of my alato caerulea and since you'd said that you had success with other woody things, I also took a few cuttings of the coral honeysuckle and a few from the blue potato bush.....just to see :). I have them on a northeast facing window sill and with the change in the weather, I'm concerned that they may not be warm enough. The other thing I wanted to ask is approximately how long is it until I see roots?

I noticed that on the package of wet foam it said that it contains *floral extenders*. I couldn't help but wonder if this doesn't contribute to the success of using this method. I figure the floral extenders aid in the continued uptake of water and nutrients to the cut flowers and probably acts in the same manner with the cuttings. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

Kristi

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor