Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
passiflora racemosa source

Posted by hardytropicalguy z6 SWMI (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 07 at 15:23

Greetings passiflora enthusiasts! I understand there are a few different clones of Passiflora Racemosa. Are they all scarce or am I just not finding the sources of the plant? I am most interested in finding a clone with the reddest possible blossoms. If anone has experience with P. Racemosa I would love your contributions of your experiences with this plant as well. Thank you and have a lovely passionflower day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: passiflora racemosa source

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 29, 07 at 16:56

HTG.. You may want to check with antbeez... He sent me some wonderful starts....
Chena

o

uh...you sure you have that right, chena? I don't have racemosa.

o

P. Racemosa is notoriously hard to root which is why you don't see it for sale very often. It can be done, it just takes several cuttings to improve your chances and some patience. You can also start it from seed pretty reliably, I had some plants a couple of years ago and they flowered when they were relatively young and small. Unfortunately, I lost those plants to a freeze.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brazil Plants

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here