Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora Tuberosa Photos...

Posted by passionlove z 9 FL (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 19:11

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post some photos of Passiflora Tuberosa. This was the first time it bloomed for me and there are rarely any photos of it, so I thought I would share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora Tuberosa Photos...

Oh My!!!!! The camera shots are equally beautiful! Good work.

Constance

o

Very nice, might I ask how you came by this plant? Did you start it from seed or find it in the wild?

o

Hi Passionlove,

I'm curious what else you can tell us--anything actually. In particular, is it tuberous and do cuttings grow tubers? Is it deciduous?

I also noticed that it seems to have produced a ton of pollen. Are you having some fun with that?

o

Hello Liza,

Great pics! I especially like how you captured the great leaf color. I can't wait for mine to bloom!

Ethan, we both obtained this plant at Butterfly World at the PSI meeting.

mark4321, there is almost no information online or in books about this plant, so a lot of those questions are still a mystery to me. I can tell you that mine has a sucker, but that may or may not be indicative of being tuberous. I have not yet taken cuttings, nor has it died back at all, but Crystal did transplant it into a new, larger planter, so she may know whether the roots are tuberous or not. I'll ask her tonight, though Liza may know, as well. I hope she chimes in here, as I am very curious as to what more she can tell us from her experience so far.

Eric

o

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments!
Yeah I did transplant the Passiflora tuberosa (tuberous Passionflower) into a bigger pot, but I was not able to tell if the roots in fact are tuberous. The soil was so compacted, and I didn't want to mess with and risk breaking the root system. I'm sure Crystal and Eric can attest to the compacted soil, lol. I have also not taken any cuttings from it yet. Any reading that I have found does suggest that it is tuberous, hence the name.

It has done quite well here. Even though I can see it wilts quite a bit during the heat and perks up in the evening and when it is cooler. Again, I'm not sure if it is deciduous, but I'll keep everyone updated as I learn more about this lovely passie.

This photo was the first flower that opened on this vine, and I haven't gotten a chance to do any pollination, but I can't wait to try.

o

It's truly gorgeous!!! You must be so excited! I gotta find this one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here